Applying Technology to Innovate in Population Health
Poor health habits can be costly, and behavior change may be the key to reducing care costs across the board. The average person spends more than half of their waking hours sitting down.1 Not only can sitting too much contribute to obesity, type 2 diabetes, some cancers, cardiovascular disease, and early death—a sedentary lifestyle can be even more deadly than smoking or having diabetes, heart disease, or some end-stage diseases (Journal of the American Medical Association, 2018).2
With advanced connectivity and innovative, health-insurance benefit design, we’re unlocking behavior change for better health and digital therapeutics alike.
Capsule Technologies gets people moving with Frequency, Intensity, and Tenacity every day. Our “FIT” goals make up an evidence-based, effective prescription for improved health and reduced risk of serious conditions. The FIT model was specifically developed for positive health impact and structured to motivate participant engagement; enablement of popular wearables and smartphones creates an intuitive, appealing experience.
Motion Can Make a Difference
- Strong engagement and persistence rates have been realized
- Participants were significantly more active than average Americans
- Those with chronic conditions and diabetes participated at above-average levels
- Health care costs were reduced, per participant per month
* The 2netTM platform provides seamless end-to-end connectivity for a growing, open ecosystem of medical-grade devices, apps and wearables. It’s making it possible to manage an increasingly complex population of patients in the home, including the millions of Americans with chronic disease.